Friday, November 4, 2011

If I wasn't afraid.....

Hi, I am Jess. I am a self diagnosed suffer of PAP (perfection anxiety paralysis) Yes, I made this disorder up, but I think it could be perfectly real. Symptoms include anxiety amplified perfection which result in total paralysis of the mind and spirit and nothing gets accomplished. Example, I have started several blogs (most in my head), none of which have seen the light of day. I began the first one over five years ago. Sigh. I always think of a million reasons why its not good enough, how it doesn't represent who I am, or any other reason why its not perfect. 
After years of suffering, I have decided to stop! I think. NO I am. I am the mother of four little ones who deserve to have a role model who doesn't let her fears take over. So here is my first post. Even though my site doesn't look the way I would like it too (it can evolve) and my pictures or lack of (my camera is on its last leg) aren't exactly what I want, its ok. I received my sign last night from Oprah's lifeclass "what would you do if you weren't afraid?" And this is it. I would finally start my blog and know and trust this is the beginning of a wonderful journey, of making wonderful friends, and a gathering all of my thoughts and images into a place of magic....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for bringing your energy! It fills me up to see your comments xoxo