Friday, December 23, 2011

Let there be light



Our first Winter Solstice celebration was a success. A success in that, even though it wasn't how I dreamed it to be, I still managed to have a smile on my face and love in my heart. I cannot control everything, but I can control how I act in a situation. This was a great lesson. My children didn't notice I didn't make the soup I planned, nor did they care. I did the best I could, and you know what? It was fine. The light came in the morning, I made it through the darkness. 

Welcoming the dark...
playing cards by candlelight
my Indonesian sandstone lantern 

me

new pajamas


Little Bird showing her sister new slippers



Daddy helping Deer open her solstice pajamas


2 comments:

  1. So glad things worked out in the end! It's funny how we can get caught up in our expectations of ourselves when no one else will even notice the things we don't check off our list. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a lovely time!

    P.S. Just saw this and thought of you - wonderful resources in the comments! http://offbeatmama.com/2011/12/waldorf-resources?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OffbeatMama+%28Offbeat+Mama%29

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and it was fine." sooo nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for bringing your energy! It fills me up to see your comments xoxo